We’re really excited to announce the release of Author-it 5.5! Our guys (gender-neutral term here) have put in a lot of work to make Author-it even better for you and your content development workflow.
The top 2 things I’m excited about: Author-it Reviewer, and variants with a definable “fall back” path.
In this release we tackled and solved two of the most challenging problems in technical communication – conducting content reviews, and managing versioning and branching.
Author-it Reviewer is an exciting new web-based product that revolutionizes your content review and approval processes. Author-it Reviewer reduces the time for a traditional review process by up to 70% and transform it into a live, collaborative and interactive environment.
Using the latest web and social media technology, multiple editors and reviewers can work simultaneously in real-time, significantly improving productivity, accuracy, and auditing.
Additionally, graphs help you see at-a-glance the state of the reviews in your projects and what needs to be followed up with.
Other new features include
- Web Help enhancements for mid-topic jumps
- Support for publishing to Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0
- Multi-select importing of translation jobs in Author-it Localization Manager
- History improvements in Author-it and Author-it Live, including adding save point comments
- Acrolinx IQ 2.0+ support
- Author-it plug-in architecture extended to support event-based plug-ins
- Author-it Live user interface available in Japanese, German, and French
To see the new improvements
You can see some of the new features if you’re at the STC conference this week.Sstop by the booth and see what’s happening.by Sharon Burton